Telesales Agent, Newcastle
Job Title: Telesales Agent Department: Sales Responsible to: Team Leader Purpose of role: To deliver a class-leading quality-orientated customer service to help drive sales Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne Salary: £18,200 with generous commission & bonus structure
First Contact is an expanding outbound call centre based in the North East working on behalf of the leading energy supplier Utilita Energy. At First Contact we have created a work environment unlike any other. Where people come to work, enjoy themselves, leave happy and feel truly valued. We have achieved this through offering huge progression opportunities, learning & development programs and having our own employee engagement forum.
Here at First Contact we pride ourselves that 75% of our management team have been promoted from within. As we continue to grow in the North East our ethos will remain so we can create the best opportunities for our people.
About the opportunity
The role is largely telephone based which involves building and growing relationships by guiding potential customers through the end-to-end sales process. We know that selling can be a tough game and that’s why you need to be resilient with a determined attitude to work in this sales environment. From the moment you speak to a customer you’ll be building a relationship by listening, gaining understanding and building a natural rapport – sales don’t happen immediately, that’s why you’ll need to be patient and focussed to succeed.
You will need to embrace our culture, which is all about team work, being energetic, focussed and driven. You will have an excellent track record in a previous sales role and whilst it would be an advantage to have telephone-based sales experience, it is not essential as we do have a 2-week training course which covers everything you need to know to excel. Other attributes we look for are strong numeracy and literacy skills, you will be professional, have the ability to work on your own initiative and demonstrate a flexible and progressive approach.
What we can offer
- A basic salary of £18,200 plus excellent commission structure for top hitters
- Glide path for new agents
- Service recognition bonus
- 2-week training course with free breakfast and lunch on day 1
- Holidays starting at 20 days per annum (not including bank holidays!)
- Average commission paid for full weeks annual leave
- Monthly team and individual incentives
- Ongoing support and development programs
- Access to hundreds of discounts via Perkbox
- Free fresh fruit every day
- Get £250 for referring a friend!
- Provided with the latest technology to help you achieve results
- Friendly, energetic and welcoming environment